Despite the building conditions are looking aged, there are some old details are remaining visible on its facade. There is a combination of decorative pattern in round shapes and horizontal lines on the facade walls. At the upper floor level, windows that are situated in the middle of the building are surrounded with circular decorative brick works. Another round smaller patterns are found on the balcony balustrade over the main entry. It seem these circular patterns are provided to make contrast against the strong geometrical shape belong to the overall building shape.
As noted in the history based on Semarang Government's Official Website, this building is built on 1895 and originally owned by a Colonial Dutch Company: Winkel Maatschapphij "H. Spiegel". The building is originally is a retail store that related with office supplies such as typewriter machine, furniture and many others. Nowadays, the building is poorly remaining as a warehouse. There is an old small wind direction arrow on the roof top above the balcony that maybe is still on duty after hundred years pointing certain directions wherever wind blows around the old ground of Semarang City.