Friday, March 16, 2018

THE ANTENNA HILL @ GOMBEL




During my childhood, I always amazed with the appearance of a group of antenna towers are situated at a hill at Gombel. I think it always appear so obvious, even until today when somebody passing the famous Gombel steep road. Most likely, it become popular landmarks belong to the Gombel Hill of Semarang.


And after more than 30 years later, finally I had an opportunity to come closer to the hill where the antenna towers are placed. I'm not sure are these tower are same tower I have seen long time ago, or maybe they are new towers are built on the hill.


At least my childhood curiosity is paid-off. After walked through following small streets, I found an enclosed open ground where all of the towers standing tall. The open ground area is surrounding by perimeter high wall to ensure the antenna towers are included in a secured open area.




1 comment:

  1. Nice, I could always see them from my backyard in Semarang back in my childhood.

    ReplyDelete